SEASONAL SKINCARE CHANGES

Hey Beauties! :D

Environmental conditions impact the way our skin behaves, so it's important to make sure we are looking after our skin in the colder and warmer months of the year. So how exactly do we do this?

Image via: petitestylescript (Instagram)
Well, before I begin this blog post - it's important to understand that not everyones skin is the same. Some may need seasonal skincare changes, whilst others may not. I guess my advice to you would be to pay attention to your skin, no matter what time of the year it is.

It is however really important to always protect your skin and supply it with beneficial ingredients that will help it to look its healthiest. If you find that your skincare contains beneficial ingredients, and whenever the seasons change you are finding your skincare routine isn't working, you may need to change. So to help you out, I have written a guide to keeping your skin looking healthy all year round!

Winter/ Fall (Autumn) Dryness

Is your skin feeling quite dry or a bit flaky? This is what you can try!

  • You can consider maybe changing your cleanser. I would suggest going with a cleanser that is more creamy in texture.  
  • If that doesn't work, try a richer, lotion type toner. I would use this particular toner after you cleanse your face and then move onto a moisturiser. A toner would also help to get rid of any last traces of makeup. 
  • If you feel your skin is just getting more dry, I would suggest going for a moisturiser thats richer, than the one you are using. 
  • Adding a serum into your nighttime skincare routine would also be very beneficial. 
  • Flaky chapped lips are also very common in the dryer months. I would suggest using a lip exfoliant followed by a rich lip balm. I would also use this tip before applying your favourite lipstick.
  • If you're still having issues with dry skin, make sure that you're using a fresh razor to shave! Dull blades cause skin irritation which can lead to dryness. A subscription service like Dollar Shave Club can deliver fresh razors to your door each month so you'll have one less thing to worry about! This service is available in the US, Canada and Australia. 
  • Oh, and don't forget sunscreen! Even if you don't see the sun, it's still very important that we protect our skin. Prevention is the best cure! 

Warm Weather Issues 

Oily T-Zone?

When moving to a warmer climate or going from spring to summer, the heat can make oil (sebum) melt inside our pores. Sound nice, right? Not really because this oil heads to the surface of our skin, resulting in a very shinny appearance. In addition, this increased sweat (from the sun), and the oils on our skins surface kind of makes us feel uncomfortable. (Ewwww!) So how can we sort this out? Well, just follow some of my suggestions below!

  • Try to use the a gel or foaming cleanser. 
  • If your skin is really oily, try using a mattifying sunscreen - as we all know how gresy some sunscreens are! If you totally hate sunscreen, I would go for a foundation that already has sunscreen in it. That way you will still be protecting your skin in the hot weather. 
  • For some extra shine control, I would go for oil-absorbing papers, also known as blotting papers. They will help with the excess oil on your face. (As a makeup artist, I always keep blotting papers in my bag if I get really sweaty/ oily). 
  • If you have dry skin, I would consider a well-formulated toner, or gel or serum to give your skin essential substances that it may need. 

Well beauties, I hope that helped you in deciding whether or not to change your skincare routines based on the seasons. If you have any other skincare concerns, please do leave a comment and I'll reply ASAP (I am really good with this). 

And if you have read this whole blog post, why not head to my Instagram or Facebook? You won't be disappointed! 

Instagram: makeup_maniaah

Facebook: Makeup Maniaah 

Twitter: CMakeupManiaah

Pinterest: CMakeupManiaah

YouTube: Makeup Maniaah (Still new, so more videos to come)

Bloglovin': Makeup Maniaah 


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/07/2016

    OMG! This is perfect! I was wondering what to do with my skin! Thank you so much! :D OH, it was also interesting about the razors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I love sharing my knowledge and helping you guys! Thanks for being a reader too! :D

      Delete
  2. I don't say that it's very outstanding post but definitely it really help me. It's really interesting. Thanks for share

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to my blog!

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top